The purpose of this data protection statement is to brief you on how we store and processes data you submit to our services.
Name and contact information of responsible authority
Responsible for the processing of your data is
Contact for privacy related matters
Attn: Philipp Staab
Phone: +49 711 5044 3435
The following terminology applies to this document:
“Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions.
“AbstractGroup”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to Abstract UG (haftungsbeschränkt) with offices at Silberburgstraße 102, 70176 Stuttgart, Germany and all its direct affiliates.
“Party”, “Parties”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves.
“Abstract Websites”, “The Website” and “This Website”, refers to any website accessible through any of the domain TheAbstract.co or any subdomains of the domain TheAbstract.co, as well as all websites operated by AbstractGroup or its affiliates.
Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Reasons for processing your data and its legal basis
We process communication data (e.g. name, phone number, e-mail address, address, company name, IP address) to fulfill a request originated by you (e.g. to initiate business transactions or to perform a contract with you when you intend to license our products or services). In addition to the foregoing, some of our websites, products or services enable you to:
- share your information, content or data with us or other users on our websites, products or services. In such cases we store the contribution and additional meta data such as but not limited to, time of creation and your communication data in an electronic database;
- register for an individual user account, in such cases we store the login username as well as your communication data in an electronic database to provide services that require a login. Upon login we may store the time of login in an electronic database to avoid abuse;
- acquire a license file for an electronic device to use any of our websites, products or services. In such cases we store a unique and non-personal identifier to identify your device for licensing purposes, time of device activation and/or deactivation and communication data in an electronic database;
- signup for a newsletter. In such cases we store your communication data and may send you communication about our company, websites, products or services by e-mail from time to time. You have the option to unsubscribe at any time and means to unsubscribe are part of every communication you will receive from us;
- submit a contact request. In such cases we store your contact request and your communication data in an electronic database to respond to your contact request.
Therefore, your data is processed in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (a)-(e) GDPR.
Recipients of personal data
Your data is processed by computers, servers or otherwise devices located at data-centers owned or operated by us, our affiliates or our partners; only employees of us, our affiliates or our partners have direct access to your data on a need to know basis.
Retention and deletion periods
Unless indicated otherwise at the time of the collection of your personal data (e.g. within a form completed by you), we erase your personal data if the retention of that personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed, or to comply with legal obligations (such as retention obligations under tax or commercial laws).
Usage of Cookies
Our websites may contain links to websites owned or operated by a third-party not affiliated with us. After you click the link, we no longer have any influence on the collection, processing and utilization of any personal data that is transferred to third parties after clicking the link (for example, the IP address or the URL of the site on which the link is located), as our control of the conduct of third parties is then naturally withdrawn. We assume no responsibility for the processing of this kind of personal data by third parties.
Right of information, rectification, processing restrictions and deletion
In the context of the valid legal regulations, you have the right to receive information free of charge about the personal data saved about you, its origin and recipient, and the purpose of data processing and, if applicable, a right to rectification, processing restrictions, or erasure of this data.
Right of revocation
Many data processing tasks are only possible with your express consent, e.g. when we publish pictures that are subject to your copyright or in which you are shown. You have the right to revoke consent given according to Art. 7(3) GDPR for the future. It is sufficient to send us informal notification of this by email.
At any time, you may revoke your consent for us processing your personal data in the future according to Art. 21 GDPR. The revocation can be done in particular for processing for direct marketing purposes.
Right to file a complaint with the responsible supervisory authority
For data protection violations that affect you, you have the right to file a complaint with the responsible supervisory authority. The responsible supervisory authority for data protection matters is the state data protection representative of the federal state in which our organization is located.
Right to data portability
You have the right to have data that we have automatically processed based on your consent or to fulfill a contract sent to you or a third party in a standard, machine-readable format. If you request the data to be transferred directly to another responsible person, this will only be done if it is technically possible.